“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Friday, September 2, 2011

Yoga pants.

Today I took my deflated bum to the mall and bought some yoga pants! Because nothing makes a butt look sexier than a good pair of yoga pants. But they have to fit just right, and all my old yoga pants are majorly stretched out after my 73 pound pregnancy. But since I have lost 71 pounds and barely hovering above my old weight, I figured it was time to buy some butt hugging yoga pants. And they are Sessssssy. Now I just need to get a gym membership! Someplace official to wear them, other than my couch.

Wait, did you catch that? 71 pounds... (insert scream). I have lost 71 pounds in almost 5 months. And I swear to you, I am carrying about a pound of milk in each boob. That means...I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!! I have reached my goal with a month to spare! I wanted to have it all off in 6 months, and I have done it in 5. 

Enough about me, time for a pip-squeak update.

Faye is almost 5 months. And I thought the moment I saw her I could never love her more. I don't think I was ever so wrong about something...as the days pass I love her more and more, and each day I swear my heart grows bigger because I thought I maxed out on April 7th. I'm like the Grinch, my heart grew 3 sizes. She is such a happy happy baby, and she has the cutest laugh EVER! It's contagious. She's still a little chunk and at 5 months she is wearing 6-9 months. At her 4 month check-up she was in the 85% for height and 75% for weight. So she is a big girl. And the way she looks at you...there is something magical about it. Especially when I am nursing her. She will be happily chugging away and just stop to look at me, in that one look it's as if I am looking into the eyes of a very wise and special soul, and not eyes of an infant. Right as my eyes blur over with tears she gives me a shy little smile and goes right back to eating as if nothing happened. I can't explain it, but I think she knows me better than anyone else...and she still loves me. It's very humbling.

Her classic Grump face.
Anyway she grabs on to her toes, rolls over, can sit all by herself for a little over 3 minutes now, laughs, whispers, screams, babbles, pulls my hair, loves her daddy, talks in her sleep, farts like a man, snuggles when she is sleepy, nurses like a champ, learning the "fake" cry, kind of a pansy, loves her Sophie, O'ball and Peacock, drools like Niagra Falls, jumps in her jumperoo, is the best thing to wake up to, always watches me, and smiles every time I look back at her. I never knew I would love being a mom so much.



2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!
    And I LOVE this picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling chunk! Congratulations on losing all of that weight! Seriously, I would never have made it! You looked great at the reunion so I'm sure you're back to your even more stunning self easy by now.

    ReplyDelete