“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm an AUNT! again. :)

But an aunt for the first time on my side of the family. My brother and his wife had the prettiest baby girl on November 22nd. And I got to watch it all...

I AM TERRIFIED OF GIVING BIRTH NOW!!!

Jane (my brother's wife) opted for an epidural at the beginning and literally napped through transition, she was so relaxed and comfy. Then when it was time to push, she pushed...and that was that. Well not really, cause I will spare anyone reading this the details. However, the lady in the room next to us went "la natural", like what I want to do, and you could seriously hear her screaming and sobbing. After "seeing" what she was going through, and hearing the pain associated with child birth I got SUPER scared. Cause in just 4-4.5 months, this lady is gonna be in the same boat...but the natural version, the screaming and sobbing version. And it is making that epidural look bloody tempting now. So I need to start prepping myself for some serious pain, as in start practicing my breathing and relaxation techniques so I don't wind up getting the epidural. Either way, I am so nervous now...

But my niece Ivy, is just beautiful and I already love her so much!

*however, I will have to try posting pictures later, because for some reason blogger is refusing to upload my pretty little niece. :(

2 comments:

  1. My friend has had three children "la natural" and she says she would never do it any other way. Do you have a dula (or however you spell that)? She gave birth in a tub at her house. The first two were a breeze for her (her words, not mine!).

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this. Labor is NOT easy, but the reward is GREAT. I've done it both ways...and you need to do what is best for you in the moment.

    Blessings on your Thanksgiving.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete