“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

4am. IT BEGINS.

The restless nights have begun. Actually they started a while ago, as in I am constantly waking up to pee or flip over because my hips are hurting so bad. But tonight is the first night I cannot fall back asleep for various reasons. I'm actually looking forward to 7 or 8 am when it is decent for me to be awake and not depressing. The 4am toast was a good idea, the 4am orange juice was a bad one. Next time I need to opt for milk as I am now adding tums to my 4 am munchies. *shudder* I loathe tums. They make me dry heave every time I eat them, but it's better than wicked heart burn.

On a different note: I cannot wait for our little home to come together. There is not a single picture on the wall yet, we are waiting for our new couch to arrive so we have nothing to sit on currently but bar stools and kitchen chairs. And I broke the bed if you remember, so our bedroom is looking rather shabby, and Faye's room is still pretty much a disaster zone. But every time I try to tackle all my projects a nap or snack starts sounding really good. And there are so many things I want to build...but I am refusing to take on new projects until things are looking more organized and pictures are hanging on the wall. Then there are curtains to sew, a kitchen table and chairs to refinish, and nightstands to build or buy depending on my energy level. But I did get my very first power tool this last weekend. A Dewalt screw/drill gun. My Dad gave it to me which makes it super special since it's the very same one that built their house. (wipe tear) It's a beauty. Now I just need a jigsaw, a sander, and maybe a nail gun...yeah. The miter saw will just have to wait until next year during another Santa visit, since he still brings me gifts. I refuse to grow up when it comes to the holidays. Anyway, I got way off topic somehow.

Hubs and I went to Spokane this last weekend, my little brother and his family were sealed in the temple so we went to be there with them for that. And as a nice side bonus, my mom threw me a baby shower!! I was so excited!! I did not think I was getting one, so it was fun to experience and Faye got hooked up. I mean like hoooooked up! Between the designer hand-me-downs from cousins, purchases we have made and the baby shower, I think she has a bigger wardrobe than Ghent and I combined. And probably more expensive too. So peeps will be wondering what this little movie star baby is doing with those two hooligans that can't even dress themselves properly. She might have to wear shades to cover her embarrassment. Anyway the baby shower was amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything more, my mom and her friend did AWESOME! (I'd post pictures, but the 3rd trimester chipmunk cheeks have attacked and I am just too cute right now to allow the public to see them, it would make the world jealous) I actually didn't really notice them until I saw my baby shower pictures. Then I was like "WTF???"

February 15th is our V-Day, then you don't waste your romantic evening waiting at a crowded restaurant to be seated. So our V-day last night was fun. For the record.

Well I think I am off to do something productive with my morning...like make the hubs a sack lunch for work.

1 comment:

  1. I always gag when I eat antacids! (sp?) They are so gnarly! Sorry you're there and that it's at 4 am.

    Yay for baby showers! Boo for your silly vanity that won't show us any pictures. Everyone gets fat face when they get pregnant woman, get over it and document it! (That was just some tough love FYI.)

    ReplyDelete