“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Will Work For Shoes.

I am in serious need of shoes...but until Miss Pudgy Toes can squeeze back into them, it's going to be a while before my feet will know the happiness of new squeaky leather, uncomfortable heels dying to be broken in and rocking a new confidence that is only found in a brand spankin' new pair of shoes. Maybe my goal will be a shopping spree for when I lose XX pounds. New jeans, new shoes, cute new tops I can only ever hope to wear again, and maybe even a haircut or highlights and at least 5 pairs of seriously cute shoes. I had better start saving...but the hubs promised me a good shopping spree if I don't get an epidural. He knows I don't want one, so he is giving me another incentive to not get one, to help me say no when the time comes. We will see though, since I haven't taken a single Hypno-birthing coarse yet. Ugh.

So I have the best hubby ever. Last night he comes home from work with a bouquet of roses...JUST BECAUSE!!! And then when I woke up at 2 in the morning with some serious morning sickness, he runs to Walmart to get me Unisom and saltines. Which I was super grateful for because I legit thought I was going to puke walking up and down the isles. So I got to lay in bed dreaming of puking while he stumbled around Walmart to settle my queasy tummy. Speaking of morning sickness, wasn't that supposed to stop? Like in the first trimester? Why is it revisiting when I am weeks away from giving birth. Because now I am just as sick as I was for the first 16 weeks, but to top it all off I have a ginormASS belly, achy hips, swollen everything, killer back pain, and a very hyper baby who likes to get especially hyper when I am feeling my worst...you know, to shake things up even more! ;) Love her though. And to top it all off I have been looking super cute lately, as in, my clothes are all too small...so I have resorted to sweatpants and the hub's hoodies. He has been very generous, sharing his clothes with me...but secretly I think he is afraid I might stretch them all out! Haha. Anyway, like I have said before, I don't like being prego, but I would never go back and change it. I am super grateful we are having a baby and I just know she is going to be worth every stretch mark, ache, pound gained, and wacky emotion. And Ghent is going to seriously be the best dad ever, I can't wait to see him with Faye. I am very lucky. Swollen but lucky!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the morning sickness revisit during the 3rd trimester. I think it's because there is literally no space left in your belly and she is cramping up all of your intestines and such. Seriously, I'm not BSing this. Anyway, I really hope you get your shopping spree. I'd like to say I'm confident you will go epidural-less but I've been there, twice, and it ain't no picnic. Wait, haven't I given you this speech before? ;)

    ReplyDelete