“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Straddle Factor?

Let me tell you. It is someone (not to be specific, me) who is straddling the fence between relapse and recovery. It's also just about those other many factors in life that just have you feeling stuck in one place for too long.

This is my second attempt at a blog. The previous I deleted, as it was mostly written by Ash on sleeping pills, around the same time I woke up in a snow bank during a snow storm wearing shorts and Nikes at 1 am. Needless to say, weird things happened and weird things were said. Luckily I sleep without aid now, so this blog is my brain, not on drugs and not so intense.

My life has taken me down many different roads. Most of which have been full of pain and fear. The past 2 years have been a healing process for me. I have learned to cope with the past and not look back so much. I have began accepting things about myself I never thought I could. I can embrace those things which used to make me feel isolated and misunderstood, now I am proud of the things which make me different. I am grateful for all the trials I have stumbled upon throughout my life. They have made me stronger and more empathetic towards others. It is one of the many reasons I have decided to pursue social work as a career. I want to take those negative experiences in my life and help women who do not feel strong enough to see themselves as a Survivor.

Probably any postings for the next month will be wedding updates, because I am getting married January 30th and I am freaking excited about it! So deal with it, cause I am one stoked bride!!!




2 comments:

  1. Did you really delete the whole thing?? Please tell me you saved it somewhere...

    Or maybe... now that you've been through the work, you don't need to keep it anymore...

    I am so stoked to have you back in my life... even if only through a blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did. :( It was impulsive during a high recovery period. About the same time I deleted all treatment buddies off of facebook. LOL. Sorry about that. :-P

    ReplyDelete