“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I fell down the stairs.

Not the whole staircase, but a good half of it. There is this slight spiral staircase at the house I am sitting a poodle for, and when I was walking down it, I totally slipped. Landed hard on me bum and back and bump thumped the entire way down. I focused on my abdomen and realized I didn't whack it so baby should be fine. However, later that night I was not blessed with it's nudges, nor was I this morning. Which got me worried. So I called the doctor and they got me in right away. Pronto, they don't take falls lightly I guess. So Doc joked with me about being clumsy and falling down a  flight of stairs, and then pulled out the fetal Doppler to listen to my nudger's heartbeat. Except there wasn't one. There was nothing but the steady beat of my own heart, and with that my heart sank. The doctors face fell and he looked really worried. He spent a good 5 minutes searching for the heartbeat, but found nothing. My eyes were beginning to flood when he said we needed to do an emergency ultrasound...

He jellied up my belly and put that magical little wand below my bellybutton. Instantly I saw my little baby...I looked for the heart, I found it, I saw it was still beating and a let a huge breath escape my lips. Doc did too. He started smiling instantly and said everything looked great! He said he was really worried he was going to have to tell me my baby died.

So the baby is just fine! All I did was rock it's world a bit.

"Eh, Mom, please watch your step from now on, you clumsy scarecrow"

Unfortunately I did not get to take home a picture of my little rock star who scared the crap out of my today. But I did get to see it's little 16.5 week old body curled up comfortably in my womb, wiggling and stretching. I WAS SO RELIEVED!!!

There are some peeps out there who were wondering why I did not ask the Doc to take a sneaky peek between babies legs. Honestly, I didn't even think about it, all I could think about was it's beautiful little heart just ticking away. Anyway, hubby badly wants to be there when I go in for my anatomy scan on November 15th, so I could wait a few more weeks to call it a he or a she. Until then, it's my little rock star, stair surfer. I fell, it conquered. Go baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment