“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Monday, March 21, 2011

2 weeks & Counting

Faye's due date is April 4th. 2 weeks from today. I pretty much spend my days surfing the web for craft ideas or natural ways to induce labor, followed by a long nap, half-ass cleaning, busting out my craft projects and making a new mess, making dinner and then passing out on the floor...cause we STILL don't have a couch. All I want to do right now is something extremely physical, like run a marathon and I hate running. I just crave energy, I crave seeing my little girl in all her baby chub glory, I crave a real hug from the hubs, one where I can just melt in his arms like I used too, now we can't even get close to each other without doing some sumo belly bump and having to settle on some awkward side hug. I miss wearing my boots and skinny jeans, I miss the days when my toes were toes and not swollen sausages. I miss being Ashley. Because now I am just the insanely pregnant lady, and that is what people identify me with here. I know I only have a couple days to a couple weeks to go (if I'm being honest it's closer to a couple weeks), but I have been pregnant for a year now. And I just want to feel normal again, and I want my baby already! :) And yeah, it's been a year of pregnancy.  I lost my first baby at 9 weeks and got pregnant again immediately after. So it's been a long time. And so far all this pineapple, acupressure and basil are not working for me!

1 comment:

  1. You must be realllllly out of breath after that most righteous rant. Good one.

    ReplyDelete