“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Friday, March 25, 2011

Love It, Please

I just had a doctor appointment today...

Dialation: 0
Effacement: 0
Cork (plug): Intact

Which means baby Faye is not to be expected anytime soon. The midwife said my body just isn't doing it's part and it needs Faye to drop and help out where I am lacking. But Faye isn't doing her dropping job either. So we have a comfy little baby perfectly content floating around in my rather large belly and one very impatient mom with a body unprepared to give birth. Which means she is probably going to be post-term. Especially since I have a granola doctor who is super against inducing his patients.

So I went to Cold Stone and ate my feelings.

I think I deserved it though...I haven't gained an ounce in 3 weeks and as soon as Faye arrives I won't be getting any goodies until I am back down to my pre-prego weight. Which will take me a long time...so I figured a Love It was called for.

But even though my body isn't doing it's birthing job...I have been doing some mad sewing! I have this strong desire to have her nursery completely put together for when she gets here. And given that I am probably going to go past my due date...I might actually get it all done. And if you saw my quilting skills now, you wouldn't recognize them from the horribly pieced quilt that I made a while ago. I am improving! I however love that horribly pieced quilt...

The funny thing is...our own bedroom is no where near being decorated as well as Faye's room. We still don't even have a new bed frame after I broke the last one. And there is one solitary vinyl we got from our wedding hanging on the wall, but that is it for decoration. So we will just have to show guests Faye's room and keep our door shut...I will post pictures of her entire nursery once it is completely finished, but we are still waiting on the futon, and I still need to finish a throw pillow, sew valances, and refinish the rocking chair. Once that is all done, the room will be ready for her. Then it will be waiting on Ghent to finish the mural he is painting for the wall behind her crib. It is awesome to have an artist as a husband.

Well I think I am going to don my poncho and walk around the neighborhood until I have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment