“Go in peace my daughter. And remember that, in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a Wonder Woman.” Queen Hippolyte

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
My photo
"When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." -Skin Horse

Monday, March 28, 2011

Kindle 3

Ghent's birthday was on the 23rd, and I researched forever about getting him a Kindle or a Nook for his gift. I mean like forever, months in advance. Anyway, I decided on the Kindle...so I went and bought it, then stared at it for a couple days dying to open it, but how tacky would that be? Here is your present, I really like it too and wanted to mess with it before giving it to you...tee hee. Doesn't work. So I waited...and woke up early to make him breakfast complete with the new Kindle 3. He was pretty excited because he has been wanting an EReader for a long time now.

The problem: I LOVE THE KINDLE!!!!! I'm having a hard time remembering that I bought it for him and not for me. So I think I will eventually need to buy myself one as well. It is AWESOME! Like I can lay down in bed on my side and use one hand and quickly button to the next page, and my wrist doesn't get tired from holding a bulky book at an awkward angle for hours on end. But when Ghent gets home from work, I have to give it back to him...cause it's his and all.

On another note, we got the money back on our couch since they lost it. Which means this weekend will be spent couch shopping instead of preparing for the birth of our baby...maybe all that couch shopping will send me into labor. I hope so!

2 comments:

  1. Do your eyes get tired reading the screen? That is the biggest reason I haven't gotten one.

    But you've almost sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not at all. It's just as easy on your eyes as reading straight from the book...just don't get one with an lcd screen. Get one with e ink. The Kindle and Nook both have e ink, but the Nook Color is LCD.

    ReplyDelete